I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
To protect your iPhone, here’s a list of the 5 Best waterproof iPhone cases for you. These are the best cases to use for fishing or underwater photography at a reasonable price. Many of them also add other features such as drop protection, dust protection, and screen protection which are always welcome additions.
Apple first started creating water-resistant phones with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus which can survive in water for 30 minutes in 3 feet of water. But, that doesn’t always help if your iPhone falls into a deep pool, a river, or the washing machine. Most of us have paid a lot for our iPhones, so it may not be a bad idea to pick up one of the best waterproof iPhone cases that can handle being submerged in water, drenched in rain, or even dropped into the hard ground.
#1 Best WaterProof iPhone Case Overall – Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES
This FRĒ case from LifeProof has always been a main staple when looking for waterproof cases. LifeProof FRĒ cases provide waterproof protection in up to 6.6 feet of water. They are made to protect against Dirt, Snow, and can survive drops up to 4 feet high. These cases are made with you in mind and retain the ability to acess the device buttons, controls, and ports. The cases wrap around design doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone, but provide screen protection, and camera protection to keep your iPhone sage. LifeProof stands behind their product and unlike some of the cases in this list, offer a warranty which provides one-year protection against accidental water damage.
- Submersibal in up to 6.6 feet of water (2 meters) for 1 hour.
- Protection for the ports, microphone, and speakers.
- Offers drop protection for 4 feet (2 meters).
- Has a wrap around design to protect the screen, phone, and cameras.
- Light Weigh Case made from quality materials and featuring a best-in-class warranty
- Works with Wireless charging systems
- Higher Priced than other options
- If air gets into the case the screen can bubble up and may need to be cleaned.
# 2 Best WaterProof iPhone Case On A Budget – LOVE BEIDI
This waterproof case is a great cheap alternative to the LifeProof FRE, and thats why it makes it to the top of our list. The LOVE BEIDI features a IP-68 protection rating for up to one hour of being submerged in water. Furthermore, the case offers Snow, Ice, Dirt, and Dust protection. This case has even been tested with over 1000 drop tests and offers drop protection from 6.6 feet (2 meters).
What I love about the LOVE BEIDI is the transparent color option. With iPhones naturally coming from Apple with more vibrant colors it is nice to have a case that isn’t completely clocking the natural beauty of the iPhone. However, there are other colors available as well if you want to dress your phone up with some more vibrant tones!
- Its functions are very similar to a LifeProof waterproof case, but the LOVE BEIDI is cheaper.
- Light-weight and comfortable to hold.
- Comes with a wrist carrier string.
- The case has great reviews from customers.
- The speaker sound quality has issues.
- There doesn’t seem to be much of a warranty.
#3 Best WaterProof iPhone Case for Diving – YOGRE
This diving case is a rugged waterproof iPhone case with that features wrap-around shock absorbency. The transparent window on the back is for the camera, which allows the phone to capture clear pictures and videos. The design of this case also makes it the best iPhone case for fishing because of its outstanding 60 minutes of waterproof protections at 15 meters or 50 feet underwater. This case is somewhat universal, so if you are in the middle of an iPhone upgrade cycle it may even fit the latest iPhone.
Although this case may be a little too bulky for day-to-day use, it may be a great case to slip on when you are planning your next deep-sea adventure!
Material: polycarbonate, TPU.
Well-matches with: iPhone series (iPhone 11 Pro – iPhone 6) and Samsung series (S6, S8, S8+, S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, Note8, Note9, Note10, Note10+).
- Great for underwater photography
- Sturdy Build Quality
- Fits many different iPhone Models
- Has a “Wow” factor when showing it to your friends.
- Can be used with a camera pole.
- The touch screen may be hard to use underwater.
- VERY Bulky- Won’t fit in most pockets.
#4 Best WaterProof iPhone Case For Drops – Cozycase
This advanced waterproof case from Cozycase features dual-layered protection and an IP68 waterproof rating and meets MIL-STD-810G specifications. The main selling point of this case is its unique TPU bumpers that fit around the edge of the iPhone. These tough and rugged bumpers help to defend your iPhone against, bumps, drops, and falls. Unlike some of the other phones on this list, the Cozycase features a “tire” like design around the edge that helps keep the phone firmly grasped in your hand.
- IP68 Rating
- Great Price
- Outstanding Drop Protection
- The case covers the speaker and can make things sound muffled
- The case is a little heavier than others on this list.
#5 Best WaterProof iPhone Case That Floats – AquaVault
Ok, technically this is not a waterproof iPhone case as much as it is a waterproof iPhone pouch. However, cases that float like the GOPOLE Bobber are not waterproof, and attaching a floating strap is just another step to remember. The AquaVault shines because it is a simple pouch that can fit a variety of iPhones (and credit cards /cash too). These cases are great for outdoor adventures, and because they float they can make finding your iPhone in the water much easier. The built-in lanyard is great for taking the phone out of water or for when you want to tie the iPhone to your watercraft. I personally took this with me when I went on a cruise and it was great for carrying my cruise pass, ID, and phone during my vacation.
- Triple Sealed for Water Protection
- Comes with a neckstrap
- Can hold more than just the iPhone (Cash, Cards, Receipts, Etc.)
- The phone is hard to use in the case.
- The case is a little heavier than others on this list.
Testing The Case
As with any waterproof case, it is important to test the case without the phone inside of it before using it in water. Every case has its own directions for testing, but generally is is recommended to test the case in water for 30 minutes and checking for water penetration.